No products in the cart.
Are you one of the 3 million Americans that suffer from Celiac’s disease? Do you want to remove gluten products from your diet?
If so, one of the first foods that you’re likely to eliminate is pasta. But if you’re like most people, pasta is a staple in your diet. Pasta is quick, versatile and filling. It can make the perfect main course or side dish.
Dreading the idea of never enjoying pasta again? Fear not!
The availability of gluten free pasta is on the rise. You’ll find a variety of types, including pasta made from chickpeas, lentils, black beans, and more.
Looking for a gluten free pasta recipe that speaks to your taste buds?
Continue reading for 5 mouth-watering recipes that you can make tonight!
1. Penne with Tomatoes & Fresh Basil
This recipe is a light dish, perfect for summer. The fresh basil and ripened tomatoes will make you feel like you’re in Italy.
- 1 package gluten free spaghetti
- 6 basil leaves, torn
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a steady boil.
- In a separate pan, saute garlic and 2 tablespoons of olive oil over high heat.
- Add tomatoes and reduce heat when the skin starts to bubble.
- Remove garlic cloves and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain pasta and toss with tomatoes. Stir in remaining olive oil and torn basil.
- Top with grated Parmesan then serve.
2. Cajun Chicken Pasta
If you’re craving a little heat, this gluten free pasta recipe will make the perfect dinner. You can also double the recipe and prepare lunch for the upcoming week!
- 4 ounces of gluten free pasta
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 2 bell peppers (1 green, 1 red), sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a steady boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente (8-10 minutes). Drain pasta and set aside.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized chunks
- Put Cajun seasoning in a plastic bag. Add chicken and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add butter. Once melted, add chicken and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add peppers, mushrooms, and green onions. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat.
- Add cream and spices to the pan. Stir until heated through. Add pasta, toss, and then sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
3. Creamy Pesto Shrimp
This gluten free pasta recipe is perfect for seafood lovers. Shrimp can be swapped out for crab, or use both for a seafood explosion!
- 1 package gluten free pasta
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups heavy cream1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Boil a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add cream, pepper, and salt. Cook for 6-8 minutes and stir constantly.
- Add Parmesan cheese into the cream sauce. Stir until thoroughly blended. Add pesto and mix, cooking for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook for 5 minutes or until pink.
- Plate pasta and pour sauce and shrimp over top. Serve with a garnish or Parmesan.
4. Adult Mac ‘n Cheese
Looking for the perfect side dish for a holiday party? Want to wow your guests with an upgraded childhood favorite? If so, this is the gluten free pasta recipe you’ve been looking for.
- 4 ounces thick-cut bacon
- 2 cups macaroni
- 4 ounces Gruyere cheese, grated
- 3 ounces extra-sharp Cheddar, grated
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place bacon on a sheet pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the bacon is crisp.
- Remove pan carefully and place bacon on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Once most of the grease has been removed, crumble the bacon inside of the paper towels. Set aside.
- Boil salted water and a drizzle of oil in a large pot. Add macaroni and cook to directions on the package. Drain well to remove as much water as possible.
- Heat milk in a small saucepan. Add butter and slowly whisk in cornstarch. Cook until thickened.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Add cheeses, basil, salt, and pepper. Add cooked macaroni and crumbled bacon. Stir well.
- Pour into a large gratin dish. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and bread crumbs are browned.
5. Penne with Vodka Tomato Cream Sauce
This recipe is a change from the ordinary acidic tomato sauce. The recipe is safe for children as the alcohol cooks off.
- 1 package penne pasta
- 1/4 extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 links sweet Italian sausage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente (8-10 minutes).
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Remove casing from sausage and add to the skillet. Use a spatula to break up the meat.
- Add garlic and stir until golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and salt. Bring to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add cream and vodka and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, add pasta, then toss. Add fresh parsley and serve.
Find the Perfect Pasta for Any Gluten Free Pasta Recipe
Are you looking for healthier pasta alternatives? Does your grocery store fall short in offering a variety of gluten free pasta? If so, Healthy Noodles is the online store for you.
We offer a wide variety of pastas, including gluten free and low carb. This means you can enjoy beloved pasta dishes without the side effects of gluten.
Looking for a specific brand? Have a question about our pastas?